Alon Y. Kapen, Blog Editor
Alon Y. Kapen is a partner in the firm’s corporate department, concentrating in corporate securities transactions/regulation and mergers & acquisitions. Alon leads the emerging companies & venture capital practice group at Farrell Fritz.
He represents business enterprises and investors in the following matters:
- Entrepreneurs and early stage companies in the formation of business entities, negotiation of capital raising transactions, compliance with securities laws, incentivization of employees and development of effective corporate governance.
- Private and institutional investors in the negotiation of various stages of equity, debt and convertible funding transactions and the planning and implementation of exit strategies.
- Business enterprises and management teams in the acquisition and disposition of companies, divisions and lines of business, mergers, going private transactions, joint ventures and spinoffs.
- Private equity firms in the structuring and funding of venture capital funds, hedge funds, real estate funds and funds-of-funds.
- Owners of privately-held businesses in the preparation and implementation of exit strategies.
Mr. Kapen is a board member of COMETS, a technology startup accelerator and a member of the Association for Corporate Growth New York, an organization for middle market deal-making professionals, private capital providers, M&A advisors and corporate executives.
Mr. Kapen earned his Juris Doctor degree from Cornell Law School,where he was editor of Cornell Law Review, and his Bachelor of Arts degree, cum laude, from Brandeis University. He is admitted in New York State.